Colleagues,

Re the above conference, to be held on June 20-22 2007 here at UU in
Coleraine, we have received a number of offers of papers and have put
together a small but, we believe, exciting programme. I will publish full
details after Christmas.

However, there are two fairly central texts which do not feature as yet, but
on which we would welcome offers of a paper. These are Philip K. Dick's The
Man in the High Castle and Robert Harris's Fatherland. If anyone has ideas
on this, I would welcome them. I would also ask you to pass on this request
to any colleagues in English or other departments who may be interested.

Best wishes,

Pól.

Prof. Pól Ó Dochartaigh (Professor of German);

Director, Humanities Research Institute;

Chair, Royal Irish Academy Committee for Modern Language, Literary and
Cultural Studies;

Address:

Humanities Research Institute

University of Ulster

Coleraine, BT52 1SA

N. Ireland

Tel: +44 28 7032 4111

Fax: +44 28 7032 4925

E-Mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Web: www.arts.ulster.ac.uk/hri <http://www.arts.ulster.ac.uk/hri>

http://www.ria.ie/committees/modlang/index.html
<http://www.ria.ie/committees/modlang/index.html>