From: Evidence based health (EBH) on behalf of Lubna A. Al-Ansary
Sent: Mon 20/11/2006 11:39 p.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Fwd: NNT query

Hi Olive, Jackie and everyone,
In my humble opinion the statement needs to me more explicit  to be correct.  An NNT of 20 means "treat 20 people with B rather than A and 1 extra patient/person will benefit in addition to those who usually benefit with A".
Hope it is clearer this way.
Regards,
Lubna

Olive Goddard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

	Dear Colleagues,

	If anyone is prepared to answer this query I should be grateful if they would respond to Jackie directly.

	All good wishes,

	Olive

	NNT query