Dear List Members,

We have just finished a faculty development program by conducting Basic and
Advanced EBM workshops for the faculty staff members (Faculty of Medicine -
Cairo University) and would like to extend our activity to integrate
evidence based medicine in the undergraduate curriculum.

I know that this is a hard way to go thus I would like to know your
experiences and what is the best way to do it?

My questions are:
- Do you have a curriculum that defines what to be taught to the 1st, 2nd,
3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th year students?
- Should we arrange for workshops for the students or lectures, small group
assignments or tutorial classes and computer lab practice or what?
- Is there a web site or perhaps written material that you can send me or
refer me to?

I also would like to know the opinions of others even if they did not
integrate EBM in their undergraduate curricula.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Abdelhamid Attia
Prof. Ob & Gyn, Cairo University
EBM Center Director - the Medical Education Development Center - Cairo
University
President - Arab Federation Of EBM
www.afebm.com