See Emerson, E, Malam, S, Davides, I and Spencer, K. 2005. Adults with
Learning Difficulties in England 2003/4 , www.ic.nhs.uk/pubs/learndiff2004

-----Original Message-----
From: The Disability-Research Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Liz Ellis
Sent: 05 December 2006 21:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Learning Difficulties, Socioeconomic Class, the Social Model and
Quantitative Research

Sorry for the long subject line.

I'm putting forward a proposal for a Ph.D and I have been reliably informed
that I have no chance of funding if it's qualitative.  That said, there
hasn't been any research looking at the possible correlation between being
labelled as having a learning difficulty and socioeconomic status and this
is something which would probably benefit from a quantitative analysis.

If anyone can point me in the direction of any (preferably uk) research that
looks at learning difficulties from a broadly social model perspective that
uses qualitative methods (I know, I'm not asking much!), I'd appreciate it
as I seem to be drawing a blank.

Many thanks in advance,

Liz Ellis

This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for
Disability Studies at the University of Leeds
(www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about the list
administratione should be sent to [log in to unmask]
Archives and tools are located at: