From: The UK Community Psychology Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of BostockHush
Sent: 13 December 2006 21:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: April Event in Birmingham

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the thinking you have done, some responses to your questions below (but I am not sure I can come so  don't take too much notice!):

Do we want to talk about war or globalisation (or both)? I would be interested in a discussion and ideas for action about the psychological aspects of war eg. torture, the effects of war.

I also thing a discussion about globalisation and the erosion of employment conditions and well-being would be interesting.

Just one topic would be enough.

Do we want to aim for a particular product on the day?

Depends on the focus of the topic... may be a response to the BPS or a press statement.

Do we want to work with others or amongst ourselves?

I think a speaker or two (one of us and/or an outsider) would help to stimulate debate. I would be interested in the NEF speaker and a contribution from Greenroots.

Do we want to define and organise the day in advance or do we think we should arrive with open minds to discuss among ourselves?

A loose structure to the day would be best.

All the best festive greetings!

Jan