Dear all,

Firstly, apologies for any duplicate posting.

ALT and JISC infoNet - Christmas Charitable Donations

Last year ALT and JISC infoNet ran an informal Christmas collection
through which we funded the purchase by Oxfam of three camels, a calf, a
donkey, and, in addition with an education slant - 300 school dinners, a
school desk and chair and some training in modern methods and techniques
for a teacher.This was only possible through generous donations received
from users of the JISC infoNet service and ALT members.

We've decided to repeat the process of giving a charitable donation to
Oxfam, but instead of purchasing animals, we would like to provide a
donation which will help to train teachers in poor communities and/or
provide teaching kits which will contain all they need, from teaching
guides to blackboards.

You can view the "tariff" here:
http://www.oxfamunwrapped.com/ProductItem.aspx?ProductID=OU2639

If you would like to contribute, please send a cheque payable to The
Association for Learning Technology (Christmas Collection) to arrive at
the ALT Office, Gipsy Lane, Headington, Oxford, OX3 0BP, marked as
'Christmas Charitable Donations' by 15/12/2006.

In ALT's case this will be in lieu of sending Christmas and New Year
greeting cards, the cost of which will be contributed to the appeal.

ALT and JISC infoNet will issue a full summary of how much has been
raised during the first week of the new year.

Many thanks
Marion
--
Marion Samler, Operations Manager