Diane said,
  "those who would practice what Mogg described below would not have considered themselves "witches" per se....it would be other Christians pointing a finger and screaming "Witch" that would be the rule of the day."

In modern Brittany the witch does not understand themselves to be a witch at all. The identity of the witch is revealed by the victim of the bewitching or, more likely, an unwitcher. In many parts of France the Marabout has become a popular unwitcher. Many of these may be from a Muslim culture. In Brittany the traditional desenvouteur (there should be an acute accent over the first e but this editer can't do them :-() still prevails. This is consistent with Favret Saada's (1977,1980) experiance in the Bocage of Mayenne.

The witching triangle exists in many cultures. Those I am most familiar with are in sub-Saharan Africa, the Yoruba and Zulu peoples for instance. I am not aware of this triangle, with the witch being unaware of their power, existing in the United Kingdom. In Brittany all actors in the triangle are likely to be Roman Catholic. Their are some odd practices that may include Pagan survivals but that is mostly conjecture.

I'm writing up some recent testimonies from informants in the Landes de Lanvaux of the Morbihan. There, the accusations were flying as part of family strife.

All the best

Chris Kimberley