On 12/4/06, Al Billings <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Well, I'll bow to the practitioners of theology here. I've certainly
never seen a theology program that wasn't attached to a school run by a
religious organization (such as the Jesuits that I'm used to) but if
people say that the discipline has moved beyond such things, I'll take
your word for it.

Moved beyond it?  I took my first degree in theology in 1980 - yes, in a university run by Jesuits but there was no presumption of belief on the part of the students.

What is the primary difference between Religious Studies and Theology as
a discipline then? :-)

Al

--
Dr. Janet Goodall