“The next Local Government Group meeting will take place on Friday February 2nd 2007 at the Westminster Archives Centre in London. After having taken on board the various bits of feedback after the last meeting, I have decided to experiment with a slightly different format to see how it goes. This format will rely on members of the group volunteering to assist with facilitating groups on the day. I have now put together a draft agenda (see below) using the volunteers of help I have already received. All speakers are yet to be confirmed. There are gaps in the agenda and I would welcome any additional offers of help that members of the group may be able to make. I would also like to start receiving questions to put to the panel as soon as possible. Please think of all those burning questions which you’ve always wanted to ask on any aspect of records management. If you are able to volunteer for any of the vacant above slots or you have a question you would to put to the panel, or if you would like to attend the meeting (and haven’t already contacted her) please contact Elizabeth Barber at [log in to unmask] The Local Government Group is open to all members of the Records Management Society and any one else who is interested. Preference will be given to RMS members so please state if you are a member when you sign up for the day. Date of meeting: Friday February 2nd 2007 Venue: Westminster Archives Centre (for directions see www.westminster.gov.uk – Libraries and Archives section Theme: Information Audits The success of the day will rely heavily on the participation of the members of the group. Members of the group are welcome to bring with you materials which you have used in the past (good or bad) which you would be prepared to share 09:30 Welcome and coffee - A chance to chat 10:15 Keynote Speaker – A Brief Introduction to Information Audits [Alison Gibney or Tony Handley from CIMTECH – to be confirmed] 10:45 Comfort break 11:00 Group discussions using the following headings courtesy of Mike Parsons at Bramble.cc • Potential outputs of an audit • Aligning outputs with business requirements • Establishing the context of an audit and scope, focus and granularity • Estimating effort and resource required • Getting support • Communications, approach, technique and tools • Presenting deliverables, utlising outcomes • Checklists All feedback to be sent to Elizabeth to collate into the overall feedback on information audits for the day. I anticipate that the groups will consist of about 10 people, which on current attendance will mean around 5-6 groups. Each group will need two facilitators. I have already received the following offers for facilitation: Group 1: Keith Batchelor (Batchelor Associates) and Sandra Town (Kent County Council (to be confirmed) Group 2: Mike Parsons (Bramble.cc) and David Bridge (Flintshire County Council) (to be confirmed) Group 3: Group 4: Group 5: 12:30 Lunch – sandwich lunch to be provided 13:30 Information Audit Software – Adam Pope (Government Actuary’s Department) (to be confirmed) A demonstration of software which is freely available for use with information audits 14:00 Panel Discussion – the opportunity to ask all the questions you’ve always wanted to ask It would help if questions could be sent to me in advance so that I can give the panellists some notice of the kinds of areas which are going to arise. Panellists (to be confirmed): • Keith Batchelor (Batchelor Associates) • Mike Parsons (Bramble.cc) • Alison Gibney or Tony Hendley (CIMTECH) [Two more volunteers for the Panel would be useful] 15:00 LGG meeting – update on current projects, feedback from some of the suggestions made at the last meeting 15:30 End of meeting