With respect for ancestors past and sisters and brothers present: I'm
enacting my relational purpose as a living standard of judgement by which I
hold myself accountable. I owe my understanding of 'relational
accountability' to the doctoral thesis crafted by Shawn Stanley Wilson
(2003/04). I shared the influence of Wilson's thesis of 'relational
accountability' for the growth of my Indigenous knowledge with my white
friend Jack Whitehead. 'Relational accountability' (Wilson, 2004) refers to
an Indigenous originality of mind that helps me sustain an ecology of human
being. Caringly attributing Indigenous knowledge is an act of relational
accountability. Eschewing the colonial logos that knowledge must be white
helps to promulgate a postcolonial consciousness among us all.

Respect

Yaakub