-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc provides a venue for a dialogue relating to poetry and
poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Max Richards
Sent: Thursday, 23 November 2006 9:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Snap - I saw this

and now I too see and hear, Caleb. (but I'd tone down the word
Marvellous)
By the way, your address, Majorca, Victoria, Australia, continues to
intrigue
me. I've been to Maryborough, Maldon, etc., but had to google for this,
which
may help out others interested:

'The historic village of Majorca, ten minutes from Maryborough is
nestled
amongst the remains of gold mining heritage. It is hard to imagine the
main
street of Majorca bustling with goldminers and well supplied with stores
of all
varieties. Today a general store, the old 'Majorca Store' and ceramics
at the
converted Majorca Post Office provide the only commercial venues in this

delightful little village. Host farm accommodation and horse riding are
available and the area is well suited to cyclists.

A tranquil atmosphere settles around this beautiful mural landscape,
with
fishing and bushwalking through the Majorca forest freely available.'

best from Max

Quoting Caleb Cluff <[log in to unmask]>:

> I saw this
>
> I saw this on a glistening ridge:
> two slender trees; and on the dappled sapling flesh
> an insect's heart, or lung, or eye; that part which
> is torn from the torturer's mind and discarded,
> like the mouthful of pit from a sweet stonefruit.
>
> The cicada sings four songs in summer:
> beckoning, seduction, distress and death.
> Three songs for others, and one for...
>
> For what?
>
> How marvellous,
>
> To sing while you are dying.
>
> Majorca, Vic.
> 22/11/06

This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and
may contain legally privileged or copyright material.   It is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient of this
email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or
any attachments.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system.  The ABC does not
represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free.   Before
opening any attachment you should check for viruses.  The ABC's liability is
limited to resupplying any email and attachments