This is my "snap of a snap" from Baghdad Burning - which remains at:
http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

...A final note. I just read somewhere that some of the families of dead
American soldiers are visiting the Iraqi north to see Œwhat their sons and
daughters died for¹. If that¹s the goal of the visit, then, ³Ladies and
gentlemen- to your right is the Iraqi Ministry of Oil, to your left is the
Dawry refineryŠ Each of you get this, a gift bag containing a 3 by 3 color
poster of Al Sayid Muqtada Al Sadr (Long May He Live And Prosper), an
Ayatollah Sistani t-shirt and a map of Iran, to scale, redrawn with the
Islamic Republic of South Iraq. AlsoŠ Hey you! You- the female in the back-
is that a lock of hair I see? Cover it up or stay home.²

And that is what they died for.

*

From the most recent entry in Baghdad Burning

Stephen Vincent
http://stephenvincent.net/blog/
Currently paying most of its attention to
A series of "Letters to Jack" (Spicer)
A work in progress