Dear Alisdair,

The Middletown Mine was an interesting place one way and another, not big,
of course, or extensive, but an interesting local. all the same. To the best of
 my knowledge, there was work being done for barytes on the place around
1977,  and it did entail both surface and a little u/g work. I happened to know
the  haulage co. that operated from the largish building below (and buy the main
 Welshpool/Shrewsbury road - defunct for some 7 yrs. + now), and it was he
who  told me about what was going - and this about 1977. I haven't visited the
place,  but have passed it many times over the years, but have always taken
note of  visual changes there - of which there have been some on the hill.

Whereabouts exactly is the Bulthy Mine? - distance/dir. from  Middletown.

Regards, Bernard