-----Original Message-----
From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Lynn Buick
Sent: 08 November 2006 15:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Keeping up to date with gadgets

Hello,

Frontline staff need to be kept up to date with new gadgets / technological
advances, so that when customers  talk about a blackberry,  or e books , or
ask if we have RFID or can they access Youtube,  they know what they are on
about .

Staff need to see these new things, know what they look like  and know what
they do ...not necessarily know how to work them but at least have some sort
of passing familiarity with them.

How do you keep your frontline staff aware and up to date with all the
latest popular ICT developments?.  . ...especially when there is a dearth of
folk under 40 working on the frontline.

Many thanks

Lynn Buick
Frontline Manager, SE Unit
Pats Brae
Ballymena
Co Antrim
BT43 5AX
028 25633959

The new Windows Live Toolbar helps you guard against viruses
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by Trend Interscan for the presence of computer viruses.