[Apologies for cross-posting]

Ordnance Survey activity in south-west Scotland in 1819-28 generated
ten 1:31,680 scale drawings, which were destroyed during World War II.
The names of nine of them (listed in TNA PRO OS 3/28 and OS 3/260) are
unproblematic, but the tenth is 'Killeen' or 'Killen'. This would seem
to be somewhere in central or southern Ayrshire. I can't find anything
likely either in the OS 1:50,000 Landranger gazetteer or on any OS
1:250,000 mapping, and as the other names of the lost drawings are
inarguable, even if the spelling sometimes differs from that used more
recently, I'm reluctant to accept it as an uncharacteristically gross
corruption of 'Cunninghame'. Has anyone out there any bright ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver, B.A., D.Phil., F.B.Cart.S.,
School of Geography, Archaeology & Earth Resources
University of Exeter
Exeter, EX4 4RJ