Welcome and latest info

Dear all,

We have added a number of new members to our list in the past couple of weeks - welcome all.  I am putting below a repeat of the original welcome message we sent out, just to let you know the sorts of activities we are encouraging on the list.  You may be interested to learn that although this is a quiet list sometimes, we have over 100 members from across the world - a really encouraging amount of interest in the Australian and New Zealand collections we all work with.

Also, it's not too late to submit a short abstract for the ANZLAG London workshop to be held in April 2007 (see attachment for details).   All members and guests are of course welcome to come along to the workshop whether or not they are presenting and we'll send out a request for RSVPs next year.

Best wishes,
Lara
<<ANZLAG London Workshop cfp.doc>>
---------------------------------

Welcome to the ANZLAG email list.  Thank you for your interest in the Australia and New Zealand Libraries and Archives Group.

The Group is a new initiative and still in the earliest stages of development.  It has grown out of discussions between myself (the Australia and New Zealand Curator at the British Library), David Clover (Institute of Commonwealth Studies) and the team at the Menzies Centre for Australian Studies (London), who felt there was a need for a greater exchange of information and ideas among librarians, archivists and researchers with an interest in Australian and New Zealand collections in UK and European libraries and archives.

The aims of this email list (and of ANZLAG as it develops) include:
*       facilitating networking and discussion of sector business (e.g. selection/acquisition policies, suppliers, access to electronic resources);

*       increasing awareness of library holdings and activities, and of researchers’ needs (e.g. through our online discussions; potentially through seminar/conference presentations by librarians/archivists); and

*       offering opportunities to support each other in funding applications, exhibitions and projects.
Future plans for ANZLAG are under discussion, and will be shared and debated on this list.  For now though, please make the most of this opportunity for exchange.

For example, you may wish to use this list to...
*       share conference announcements,
*       let us know about your latest interesting acquisitions,
*       recommend a supplier for hard-to-find items,
*       float an idea for a collaborative project, or
*       ask whether any libraries plan to acquire a particular resource you have been seeking for your research.
We look forward to hearing more about your interests, experiences and affiliations.
Regards,
Lara

Dr Lara Cain Gray
Australia and New Zealand Curator