Hi folks
In common with most HERs, we currently ask everyone receiving data from us to sign a user declaration form - basically a list of things they promise not to do with the data. As about 80% of everything we send out now is by email, the forms (if they come back at all) are often signed then scanned as PDFs (a bit time consuming), returned unsigned by email, or are posted back.

I am considering adding a box for an 'electronic signature' and was wondering if any other HER has done this. I understand that under Section 7 of the Electronic Communications Act 2000 typing your name can be as good as physically signing the form, so what I am really after is some standard wording I can put on the form to make people aware of this. (I'm slightly wary of asking our legal team here about this as past experience tells me that the current one side of A4 would be recast as a 20 page licensing document!).

Any help, especially regarding some wording for this part of the form, will be gratefully received.
Many thanks
Nigel

Nigel Pratt
Historic Data Manager