The Structural Geology & Tectonics Division of the Geological Society of America is working in collaboration with others to build a strong technical program for the national GSA meeting in Denver, Colorado, during October 28th to 31st, 2007. We have taken the initiative to encourage individuals to propose Pardee Keynote Symposia, Topical Sessions, Fieldtrips, and Short Courses, but we feel that it is very important to encourage everyone strongly to put forward their best ideas for this meeting. So, if you have a topic that you wish to propose for the meeting, deadlines are coming soon & we greatly encourage you to go ahead and submit your proposal (http://www.geosociety.org/meetings/).

Deadlines of importance are:
Short Courses (http://www.geosociety.org/meetings/2007/scProposals/index.htm) - December 1st, 2006
Fieldtrips (http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2007AM/fieldtrip.htm) - December 5th, 2006
Pardee Keynote Symposia (http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2007AM/PardeeRequirements.epl) - January 9th, 2007
Topical sessions (http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2007AM/TopicalRequirements.epl) - January 9th, 2007

If you wish to request Division support for your proposal, please contact Bill Dunne at [log in to unmask] with your request prior to the appropriate deadline. Thanks for your help and we look forward to your submissions.

Bill Dunne

P.S. It is also not too early to start thinking about national GSA in Houston, Texas, during Oct. 5th to 8th, 2008, when we will have a great opportunity to collaborate with our colleagues in the petroleum industry to develop another strong technical program!

William M. Dunne
Professor and Associate Dean
College of Arts and Sciences
University of Tennessee