Thanks Alex,

I am very much interested in the information needs of health carers(and
patients) and am myself doing a personal review of my own information needs
during my daily ward rounds or OPD consults (once a week).
There is a detailed article by Smith et al on the same in BMJ(1995) and I
suppose you would have gone through it and would also know of recent
reviews.
I recieve quite a few requests from my colleagues and patients (mostly) for
advice via emails that reflect their information needs and I myself interact
via email with my colleagues when I need any information/advice from them.
However all this is a one person prospective data (collected in the gmail
box).
I wonder if we can pool the data all of us health carers have (in our email
boxes?) in this list or elsewhere and analyse them looking for themes and
theories that may portray present global health care information needs?
Rakesh Biswas

Rakesh Biswas MD
Associate professor,
Department of Medicine,
Melaka-Manipal Medical College
75150 Melaka, Malaysia
Phone: 60-6-2925851-extn 1151 (office) and 2001 (residence)
Fax: 60-6-2817977/60-6-2925852
Mobile: 60-16-6434253
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.manipal.edu/melaka/departments/departments.htm