Dear All

Firstly, as incoming EGRG Chair, I would like to personally thank the outgoing Chair, Jane Pollard, for all her sterling efforts over the last three years. I would also like to welcome the new joint book review/working paper editors, James Faulconbridge (Lancaster) and John Harrison (Loughborough) to the fold!

We are always looking for new ideas and people who want to get involved in the EGRG. Please do not hesistate to contact myself, Mia Gray (Secretary), Andrew Jones (Treasurer), James or John with suggestions!

Secondly, I would like announce the details of the 2006 postgraduate thesis competitions. Each year, we award a £100 prize to the best Masters and PhD dissertations in the field of economic geography (broadly defined). Previous winners are listed on the EGRG website. In order to be considered for this year's award, please forward a hard copy of the thesis (any form of binding will do!) to me at the below address by the 31st January 2007. This must an absolutely final version of the thesis that has already passed the degree for which it has been submitted. If you have any doubts about eligibility, just drop me a line.

The theses will be reviewed by myself, Mia and Andrew and we will announce the winners in March. Please forward this email to anyone who may be interested but might not be on this listing (e.g. members of staff with responsibilty for coordinating Masters courses).

With all good wishes
Neil

Neil M. Coe
Geography