Hi

I haven't been quantitative in my comparisons but I "feel" no real
difference in Analysis on the hopping-fast Linux box I used as a graduate
student and the hopping-fast Mac I use now as a postdoc.  If it would help
you I can get the specs for the Linux box.  The mac I use has 2 3GHz
dual-core xeon processors and 4 GB of ram (and that is WAY too much).

At any rate, analysis seems to perform equally well on both machines.

Best of luck,

Justin