I would advise consulting the premier thelema website, www.lashtal.com and searching their  forum threads and published articles. Some highly kmowledgeable people have written on the Thelemic calendar there. In particular look out for any comments or articles written by Ian Rons. The two moderators, Paul and Ian, are sane, knowledgeable and intelligent.  The stuff they write, when they are writing on their subjects, is to a scholar's standard.

 Hope this helps, Christina