Dear all,

The following DVD's are available through Amity Foundation Inc.

I have seen some of this and find it very interesting:

"The Therapeutic Community Training Series is a series of DVD's by leading
experts (both researchers and practitioners) in the therapeutic community.
The aim of these DVD's is to provide easily accessible material to those new
to the field and "refresher" for a more experienced audience. Use for Staff
Training is highly recommended".

The material is copyrighted

a)       TCs in Prison: A research Perspective, presented by Harry Wexler,
Ph.D. (An Amity Foundation DVD).

b)       The Therapeutic Community Training Series: Improving Encounter
Groups, Volume 1.

c)       The Therapeutic Community Training Series: Improving Encounter
Groups, Volume 2.

d)       The Therapeutic Community Training Series: Improving Encounter
Groups, Volume 3.

Volumes 1-3 will also be of interest to those who wish to see some of the
early Synannon "games" etc, brought into modern context. I find these ones
fascinating.

            The Therapeutic Community Training Series:

George De Leon, Ph.D.

a)       The Therapeutic Community, Volume 1, the Therapeutic Community
Perspective. An Amity Foundation DVD.

b)       The Therapeutic Community, Volume 2, Community as Method. An Amity
Foundation DVD.

c)       The Therapeutic Community, Volume 3, Components of a Generic
Therapeutic Community. An Amity Foundation DVD.

In this series of lectures, Dr. De Leon's explication of the "basics" of the
therapeutic community is illustrated by actual historical and contemporary
footage from active therapeutic communities: Copyright 2005 Amity
Foundation: all rights reserved.

Contact person is J.A. Brown. > [log in to unmask] <

I would like to thank Rod Mullen, Amity CEO, for his assistance with this
"posting".

Anthony Slater,

Director Phoenix House Haga,

President E.F.T.C.