RAIN 061022
Records and Archives In the News is a compilation of news stories related to records and archives management.

Police follow paper trail to metal thieves
Eagle Tribune - North Andover,MA,USA
... Costello's files have kept him in good standing with Lawrence police as
the ... the theft is through local ordinances requiring scrap yards to keep
records of the ...
<http://www.eagletribune.com/local/local_story_295064533?keyword=secondarystory>

Following the paper trail
Fresno Bee (subscription) - Fresno,CA,USA
... records. Said City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez, "Well, I think we had
a little hiccup there. I think our clerk learned from this one. We have so
many files to ...
< http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/8910.html>

Setting the Records Straight
Wall Street Journal (subscription) - New York,NY,USA
... The forms usually summarize federal rules put in place in 2003 to
assuage concerns that widespread use of electronic medical records could
make privacy ...
<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB116077069799792234.html?mod=googlenews_wsj>

A site worth 70 million words
Los Angeles Times - CA,USA
... for a few lucky academics who could get into the back rooms of the
public library, where approximately 3 million photos sit in file cabinets
and archival boxes ...
<http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-me-laphotos22oct22,1,6005317.story?coll=la-headlines-technology>

Former staff took confidential files
New Zealand Herald - New Zealand
... But they may not use ex-employers' trade secrets and confidential
information. ... In some cases, taking confidential information is theft.
<http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/11/story.cfm?c_id=11&ObjectID=10407091>

Michigan man's Holocaust footage now part of history
MLive.com - MI,USA
... And we have so many of the pieces that make up the story," Leslie
Swift, a video and audio archivist at the museum, told The Muskegon
Chronicle. ...
<http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/index.ssf?/base/news-38/1161545044314200.xml&storylist=newsmichigan>

Record Express doubling in size
Cincinnati Enquirer - Cincinnati,OH,USA
... Record Express converts paper documents into electronic files, sells
document-imaging equipment, and retrieves records for law firms and
insurance companies. ...
<http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061022/BIZ01/610220329/1076/BIZ>

WIPP Records Archive relocates in city
Carlsbad Current Argus - Carlsbad,NM,USA
... All documents are scanned and digitally stored. IT director Cecil
Thomas and his staff already have a vast digital storage system in place.
<http://www.currentargus.com/ci_4531168>

New rules to stop prison record tampering
Cedar Rapids Gazette - IA, United States
... The counselor allegedly accepted $100 to change computer records to
show the inmate had completed a treatment program to improve the inmate's
chance for parole ...
<http://www.crgazette.com/2006/10/19/Home/prisoninmaterecordtampering.htm>