Hi,

We are currently looking at the archival retention of our Courts Records. As part of this, we are looking to benchmark against practices in neighbouring and kindred jurisdictions [modern Manx Law being closely related to English].

I note from the UK Courts Service retention schedules that with many classes of record, the responsibility for archival selection sits at local/county record office level, at least in England and Wales.

I wonder if any LROs out there would care to share some info on decisions made/schedules within this framework.

I would also welcome any information from those reading this in other jurisdictions [those who I have not already spoken with off-list that is!!] or indeed anyone with anything tasty to share on the topic!

With thanks

Meic

Meic Pierce Owen

Records Officer