> Robin you could have borrowed my 1930 Webster -gold edged -with those
> lovely
> leather alphabet inset thingies  -----mutter or matta pea
> Weighs a ton though single volume -nice pics but terrifying ones of the
> editors
> P mutter or matta pea P

Think that may be online, Patrick, though probably without the pictures.
Certainly one of the editions of Webster, an earlier one, I think, is.

(Surprised Vile Boris hasn't already made a meal off your websters.  Am I
the only person on this list other than obviously your good self who has
actually *seen the creature?  Or at least his eyes glaring down at me from
the top of a flight of stairs and hoping I'd be fool enough to venture
within claw-slashing distance.  Oof, frightening, talk about the Feline of
the Baskervilles ...  <shudder> ) ***

Back to composing my riposte to that grout-head Walker.

R lexicomaniacal Scotch R

*** apropos of which, the illustrations {included in the cost of the text}
in P. McManus, +Cement and Water+ [is that the correct title?] are an
amalgam of VB and an equally invidious feline called Ollie (short for
Oliver).  Ollie I once began to suspect had the ability to teleport.  Turned
out not to be true (nor had I accidentally microwaved him) but did lead to
my landlady saying in an incredulous tone of voice, "But he *never sits
there!"  Don't start me on Ollie stories.

But the point of this is to remind everyone that the first two productions
of the Phantom Rooster Press --

        Patrick McManus, CEMENT AND WATER
        Judy Prince, POEMS

-- are still available (£3 including p&p).

[Aside to Patrick -- and yes, I will get those further 20 copies to you as
soon as I work out why my new duplex printer is playing silly buggers with a
file originally constructed for a non-duplex printer.]

Forthcoming from the Phantom Rooster Press in the near future, but probably
not in time to be on sale at Alderburgh next month as I'd originally hoped:

        Martin Walker, HUBBUB
        Dominic Fox, REVERSE LOOKUP
        David Bircumshaw, (not) 4090

Right, that combines a bit of advance publicity with my now not having to
write separate update emails to Martin and Dom.  Mind you, that leaves the
Birk, and this list ...  Hm ...  Ah, well, tip the glass and drop a silent
tear to absent friends.

R a.k.a. Fantomas R