>> I should know -- I taught her (though I never dated her, and if I had, I
>> wouldn't say when).

JayWalker (m)uttered:

> Why didn't you date her? Was Wilhelmina (whisper) *pear-shaped*?
> emjay

You mean when she was passing, as Louise?  (Her brother *was called Philip,
after all.)  Her figure had less to do with it (and that visually libellous
cartoon is as unfair as the progressively incrementing humps between
Dickon's shoulders) than that we were (obviously) on opposite sides of the
barricades in 48.

Alas, politics yet once more obtruded into the course of True Love, as she,
writing under the name of The Man From Stratford, artfully and allegorically
chronicles in +Romulus and Jospin+.

Those were the days, my friend ...

            Blind Harry Kiss-and-McTell