I can concur to that Robin.
but in your study you should maybe point out that 'primate territoriality'
is easy to perpetrate in a soundless, non-realtime space. I won't attest to
any conscious gorilla tactics (ha har), but I won't deny that they pop up
once in a while. maybe it's due to a sense of inadequacy; I haven't heard of
even half of the people that discussions sometimes surround in this list,
and while I think I might have something to offer in discussions of many
kinds, citations from papers & studies & blogs & speeches in regard to
authors whose work I've never encountered all feels very foreign to me. and
perhaps parading of academics is too strong; but I do get the feeling, now &
again, that a lot of the contemplation & dialogue that goes on in here could
be carried out in less bibliographic/upstanding/distinguished parlance. I
use the word parlance because it fits what I mean. anyway, this inadequacy
isn't something I usually trouble myself with, or even acknowledge as
anything but a lack of experience (I'm 19 years old -- let's see how many
people [who didn't know that] take me seriously anymore!); I think it's fair
to say that it rarely flares up in replies like the one I directed at MJ
above. sorry for that.

there's also the fact that I have a earache & a mild fever; maybe I should
take some ibuprofen and keep my grmublings mostly to myself.. ;)
Robin, what does 'noyeau' mean?

KS