The Tier 1 dCache plugin is a hack to get round the problem of the original LCG plugin not returning *any* vo specific information and being very slow and requiring a proxy. It was written in the expectation that the dCache plugin would be more accurate and less resource-intensive (and for the Tier 1 it probably would be if I had time to deploy it).

I dimly recall that tucked away in one of the hidden files associated with each file is one that contains the actual size of the file, however I think that the hidden files are named by pnfsid.

> On a similar note I noticed that a du /pnfs only reports half the
> space used by dcache in the file system (we seem to have lost ~3T)
> no idea yet if it's because we have too many files above 2G or if
> dcache managed to forget about some files (half of them?!) which
> has happened before. Has anyone else checked if what pnfs reports
> is the same as what the filesystem usage in the pools is?

Have you tried the script Patrick sent to the user forum against your pools?

http://www.dcache.org/archive/user-forum/0627.shtml

Derek