We have the new stable version of D-cache available on the D-cache web
site,

Installation instructions are here

http://www.dcache.org/manuals/yaim-dcache-howto.shtml

For a YAIM based site you should only need to change the site-info.def

RESET_DCACHE_CONFIGURATION=yes

While the other settings should be set as

RESET_DCACHE_PNFS=no
RESET_DCACHE_RDBMS=no

if you want to keep your data and I guess you do want to keep your data.

With regard to the apt repository we do not yet have it in stable, I am
giving you all 24 hours notice to check your setups and then I shall
migrate D-cache 1.7.0-16 to stable.

Non yaim sites should wait for a short time as I finish documenting the
upgrade procedure but its tested and working. I expect this RPM will be
released with instructions in the README at the same time as I release
D-cache 1.7.0-16 to stable in the apt repository.

D-cache 1.7.0-16 is currently available to YAIM users in the testing
section of the apt repository.

Regards

Owen