Hello chaps,

We've removed the gridftp door on our admin load, which has reduced
the load and made our admin node a happier beast, but still the "end
of file" error rears it's ugly head quite often. During the storage
meeting a while back it was mentioned that increasing the number of
connections dcache allows might ease the problem somewhat (either give
dcache more time to clean up connections after itself, or at the very
least increase the time between things going tits up).

Looking in teh batch file for the gridftp doors I see the option:
  -maxLogin=100 \

is this the chap I need to change to increase connections that dcache
allows? And is it advisable to try and up it if it is? 100 seems like
an awfully big number.

cheers guys, have a good weekend.

Matt