Yeah, the pnfs and dcache-core starts and stops are a real pain during
the install/upgrade but Owen wants to be sure that everything is up when
it is required and shutdown when it could get in the way of some
other operation.

Give us a report once you're done.

Greig

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Matt Doidge wrote:

> Thanks Greig, I just had a go at switching to the yaim method. Seemed
> to go okay, apart from the fact that during the configuration pnfs was
> restarted half a dozen times. I'm currently waiting the required few
> minutes and think I'll upgrade the pool nodes using the yaim method as
> well (as I see nothing but pain from installing things using different
> methods).
>
> cheers,
> Matt

Dr Greig A Cowan                         http://www.ph.ed.ac.uk/~gcowan1
School of Physics, University of Edinburgh, James Clerk Maxwell Building

TIER-2 STORAGE SUPPORT PAGES: http://wiki.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/Grid_Storage