I didn't respond in this thread yet, but I did respond to the
"Fragmentation / WEN (Wisdom Education Network)" thread. I simply copy
that here. (I think the point about how "formal" the virtual
association gets to be is crucial to resolve early. Like most I'd hate
to see anything too formal or "managed". That said ...)

I'd like to make one point though ...

By giving "it" a name, we've given it identity beyond the virtual
whole emergent from the network of connected individual activities
(and motives, and personalities).

FoW is "owned" by Nick, part of "his" actvities. Nick communicates to
the outside world on behalf of FoW. So ...

WEN? is a good question, a long hard road sure enough. We will find
interpersonal reasons to fall out ... generate more heat than light
... some members almost did already :-) I believe we need to
constitute WEN in such a way that we know who speaks for "it" on "our"
behalf, even when "we" come and go.

That recommendation is from bitter experience of foundered
collaborative initiatives.

Ian