Karl,

Getting qualifications is important in getting jobs, if it went by social status alone, then those with social staus wouldn't need to bother.

It sounds all rather unrealistic that one sets up a wisdom-based course that is not going to judge the student, and not going to  award them anything that our present-day employers want. Wanting Society to change where such a course would be viable, also seems unrealistic.

The system at the moment is - go for a course get high marks, and so obtain chance of a job with better pay.

A system of - go for a course where you are not going to judged as to how good you are, and is not going to offer anything in the way of a job or even a better job. I don't see how can work. A student might as well need not bother with it, in this Society. And I don't see how Society could change to fit such a course. The course only caters for those with leisure time, and no employment needs.

Roger