Dear ESOL research network

I wonder if you can help?

I am about to embark on some research looking at the teaching of citizenship to ESOL students, at King's College London.

I am trying to get an idea of what is happening with this around the country, i.e. are colleges and other institutions teaching citizenship? are there any discrete courses which help prepare for the test, or are all the courses included in ESOL? how many hours a week are spent on citizenship? are teachers using the citizenship materials? etc etc

Please could you take a couple of minutes to let me know what is happening in your places of work/areas, as far as you know.

Many thanks,

Melanie Cooke

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]