From: The English Place-Name List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Keith Briggs
Sent: 09 October 2006 10:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [EPNL] Candlet

Richard Coates wrote:

> Your biggest problem either way is in motivating a French name as
> early as Domesday. Even Beaumont in Essex is still Fulepet in DB (PN
> Ess 327).

Transferred French names in DB:

Montgomery  - Montgomeri

Montacute - Montagud

Likely French names in DB:

Meshaw - Mauessart

Bray - Brai

Boulge - Bulges

Keith

This incoming email to UWE has been independently scanned for viruses
and any virus detected has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus software has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software