Dear Colleagues,

I would like to dispose of a cuttings archive on all aspects of the Soviet Union covering the years circa 1970 to about 1995. Its origins are in two separate collections, one for the stagnation period and a new one started in the Gorbachev era. Cuttings are classified according to broad topics in manila folders and arranged chronologically. The whole fills about two standard filing cabinet drawers. It is almost all in English, a little German and French, and a few Russian items.

Included in this is a special collection on intelligence and security matters, covert and overt operations, defence matters, spies, defectors and similar.

Maybe this would be of interest for your postgraduate seminar room? It might be an interesting job to check and re-arrange the collection into one coherent whole. Simply the act of doing this might spark a host of new and interesting ideas among the postgrads.

Email me at [log in to unmask] if you would like to know more.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew Jameson
Chair, Russian Committee, ALL
Reviews Editor, Rusistika