Thanks for that link, Chris - I've just finished looking at all those marvellous (if indistinct) piccies of Breton wells being reverenced and laundered in! Great fun.

James

www.theweepingcross.co.uk
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Chris Kimberley
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:40 PM
Subject: Cartolis

Dear All,

Some of you might be interested in the web site www.cartolis.org. This is maintained by Conservatoire Regional De La Carte Postale at Baud (56), Brittany (apologies, this web-mail editor doesn't support accents). The archive is sponsored by both the region and departement governments and contains a vast amount of material from the end of the nineteenth century. There are some 320 images of fontaines sacrees and related customs. Reasonably sized thumbnails are available for view. Full sized images are available at a price (I think just over 8 euros).

All the best

Chris Kimberley
www.merlins-brittany.com