From: Virtual Learning Environments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Heather Peake
Sent: 08 September 2006 10:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VLES] Network Storage via a VLE from home - HOW

Has anyone made their network storage (often referred to as home drives)

available to their learners when they are using a computer from home.
I'm sure I have seen it done somewhere. A link was put into their VLE
and
it caused what looked like windows explorer to open so that a person
could
just drag and drop files onto and off of their college network space.
We are keen to get this type of scenario working and wondered how other
people had done it and what pitfalls await us.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Heather