I think Paul is correct.  As professionals we all tend to use technical
terms which have very precise meanings for many of us but tend to
obscure the meaning for others.  I personally dislike the word taxonomy
preferring to use classification.  I have worked in IT for years and
have many times fallen in to the trap of confusing meaning by using
technical jargon which is completely incomprehensible for outsiders.  We
should be trying to make things simple and concise so all can
understand.

Perhaps RM should have a dictionary of preferred terms with precise
meanings?

Chris Tinsley MSc

Wiltshire County Council

Information is the key