Yes, the complexity came for me in the clash between ethics and ego:
when I am offered publication, I am pleased, and sometimes that
overrides my sense of values - eg, if the poem is ready yet or even
any good. I always try to teach writing students that publication is
not the final arbiter of your work's worth - YOU are. But I am easily
seduced.

Andrew

--
Andrew