MJ I was just demonstrating how belittling written thought by
idealising spoken thought is only an expression of preference, & Jon's
broad statements went a bit beyond that.
maybe I shouldn't have brought up that whole precept of linguistics, I
was just trying to suggest that both written language & spoken
language are still _language_.

K   S