I am trying to get this picture up on the web, but  am having technology
issues.  I will also say that this critter seems to have a tonsure,
scales from shoulder to waist, & webbed front paws.  The scales could be
feathers, but they do not show the center line as do the wing feathers.
I don't recall any webbed St. Marks, though I have seen several with
human-type faces.

DW

> Diana Wright, who has seen a picture of my 'manticore,' remarks that
> it reminds her of St Mark as lion, and I can see why...   Would there
> be any special significance in having St Mark in this place?  (It
> certainly seems more in keeping with the siting.)
>
> Susan

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]