A belated contribution to this discussion:

St Mildred's relics are with the Benedictine nuns at (the successor
house to) Minster-in-Thanet in Kent which she founded - but she left
for a good while after the Reformation; they've been retrieved from
somewhere in the Low Countries. The tradition is reasonably plausible,
but I forget the details, I'm afraid. The sisters would no doubt help
if you wrote. (They were refounded from a German house in 1937 - much
skullduggery to get around Nazi restrictions.)

Helen Brown

Quoting John Briggs <[log in to unmask]>:

> Jon Cannon wrote:
>>
>> But does anyone know of any other English medieval saints whose
>> relics are still known to lie in the church where they were held, or
>> even on the site of a medieval shrine in that church?
>
> Edward the Confessor?
>
> John Briggs

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]