Apologies for cross posting

There are still places available on the following course. If you would like to attend please fill in the booking form at http://www.nowal.ac.uk/training/general_programme/timetable.php?course=210

31/10/2006
Assertive communication
Seminar Room 1, Learning Resources, Chester Campus, University of Chester
http://www.chester.ac.uk/contact/findus_ches.html
Tutor: Deborah Dalley

At the end of the course participants will be able to:

* Recognise the effect behaviour has on the outcome of a situation
* Identify the key elements of assertive communication
* Give and receive positive and negative feedback
* Deal with defensive behaviour
* Manage upwards

Prices
NoWAL members - £75
External - £100

About the tutor.
Deborah Dalley has been working as a freelance consultant for over 15 years, primarily within the public sector. Her client organisations range over a number of universities, colleges, libraries, NHS trusts, magistrates` courts and police forces. Deborah has a keen interest in many areas of behavioural training including interpersonal skill development, assertiveness, emotional intelligence and management training. She believes that people learn more effectively if they are involved in the process and her sessions are therefore highly participative and enjoyable!

Comments from previous attendees
"Lots of ideas. Food for thought, which are useful to take back to work. The exercise in groups were thought provoking and providing a book list if we wanted to look further into the subject is a good idea."

"I enjoyed the course. I feel it touched on areas that will be very useful in my work and my home life. How to recognise behaviour * and what do I want * outcome from particular situations"

"Very interesting course- will take the reading list and look into different aspects covered today. I can apply this course both to my professional and personal life."

"Constructive and informal approach that encouraged the interaction/ exchange of ideas and experience. Well structured and provided material for future development."

"A good course with the right balance of teaching and participation."

"Enjoyable and thought provoking, will find very useful at work and outside work."

Book a place on this course
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/training/general_programme/timetable.php?course=210

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Gil Young
NoWAL Support Officer

NoWAL: Widening access to library resources and improving learning and information support services through innovation, influence and partnership.

Minshull House
47-49 Chorlton Street
Manchester
M1 3EU