Service delivery via PDAs is quite widespread in medical/health libraries, especially in the USA. There are already several journal articles on the subject, eg

Carney, S., Koufogiannakis, D. & Ryan, P. (2004) Library services for users of personal digital assistants: a needs assessment and program evaluation. Portal: Libraries and the Academy, 4 (3), 393-406.

Johnson, E.D. et al. (2004) Design and evaluation of a personal digital assistant-based alerting service for clinicians. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 92 (4), pp.438-44.

Sheila Corrall

Professor of Librarianship & Information Management

Head, Department of Information Studies

The University of Sheffield

Regent Court,  211 Portobello Street

Sheffield   S1 4DP   United Kingdom

Email  [log in to unmask]

http://www.shef.ac.uk/is/staff/corrall.html

Tel  +44 (0)114 222 2632   Fax  +44 (0)114 278 0300