Apologies for cross posting
--------------------------
We still have a few places available for the following InfusionS training event:

*	Information Literacy for Learning - 12 September 2006, Aberdeen - Information Literacy for Learning. Full day workshop. £165.00

The venue for this training session is The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. The price includes all refreshments and buffet lunch.

Information Literacy for Learning. Full day workshop.
12 September 2006, Aberdeen

The Information Literacy for Learning programme will address the following information literacy related issues:

*	Do you want to explore current thinking around information literacy and learning?
*	Would you benefit from discussing and sharing experiences of supporting users and learners to become information literate?
*	Would you welcome the opportunity to put Information Literacy for Learning into practice, and plan how to take this forward in your work environment?
Information literacy is widely considered to be a vital ingredient in our information society with the challenges of information overload, access to limitless amounts of information in an array of formats, lifelong learning initiatives, enquiry-based learning, etc. But how can we actually support learners, at any and all levels, to develop effective information skills and become information literate?
InfusionS have drawn on team members long experience of research into the field of information literacy, together with the practical delivery of training in aspects of information literacy, to design this workshop. Professor Dorothy Williams, from RGU, will be there to sow some seeds on the latest thinking, issues and current debates regarding information literacy and learning.
This training workshop will be relevant mainly to librarians and information professionals working in a learning environment, e.g. school librarians, academic librarians etc, and any others who have an interest in promoting and supporting information literacy in their work environment.
Cost per trainee - 165.00 (including lunch and refreshments)
For more information and how to book, go to http://www.infusions.org.uk/

For further information regarding InfusionS, our courses, terms and conditions of booking and much more, please visit our website www.infusions.org.uk . We look forward to hearing from you,

Best regards
Caroline