PPRG Conference - November 2 - 4th 2006
Winning Heart and Minds - advocacy, motivation and customer service for library and information professionals

This year, the PPRG conference will explore the theme of 'Winning Hearts and Minds' - the different ways of influencing people who matter to library services. Those who matter include:

*       Customers
*       Stakeholders
*       Suppliers
*       Governing bodies
*       Library management.
Each of these groups have numerous and diverse needs.

As customers, people have a wide range of expectations of what their library can or should offer them. Stakeholders, senior management and suppliers all have very different needs and agendas. Whatever the agenda of each and all of these groups, library staff have a responsibility to discover what it is. They need to have the skill and ability to convince each group of the value of library services.

Being in a position to influence the decision-makers and influence the decision of the customer to use the service, means we will see a real difference to the quality and value of library services.

This conference is designed to meet the needs of library staff who have to win hearts and minds whether it is in a large academic library, public library or a small work place library.

We will explore ways of winning hearts and minds through:
*       Customer Value Research
*       Advocacy
*       Personal branding
*       Coping with organisational change
*       Case study in small libraries

We have selected our speakers carefully from a range of library and information services to bring a depth of professional experience to the conference.

Who should attend
Any librarian, information worker or marketing officer who has the responsibility for influencing stakeholders in order to make a real and positive difference to the service, or who has to promote the benefit and value of the library to customers.

Our conferences have built up an excellent reputation for being both friendly and informative. We provide the opportunity for every delegate to engage in discussion and networking so that they can take away a wealth of practical ideas that they can put into practice.

A PDF of the conference brochure is available on the CILIP website - www.cilip.org.uk or your can email <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Book your place now,