You may remember that I sent a message to this list some time ago suggesting that I do what Martin Durrell did when he was on the committee of the IVG, namely to set up a holding account at my institution into which IVG members in Britain would pay their subscriptions in sterling (incurring no fees if they sent me a cheque). A lump sum would then be transferred to Poland in order to avoid individual transfer charges. UWA is prepared to facilitate this, and there is a meeting of the IVG committee in Warsaw very soon, so I will present this idea then and attempt to get approval. I will keep the list informed. Please do not send me any money until I have approval from the committee and the President.

Wini.

Dr Wini Davies,

Uwch-ddarlithydd mewn Almaeneg / Senior Lecturer in German,

Adran Ieithoedd Ewropeaidd / Dept of European Langs,

PCA / UWA,

Aberystwyth SY23 3DY,

Cymru / Wales.

Tel: 01970-622557