Hi Allan,

Let me answer at least one of your questions (because I really don`t know
Ricardo Caputo`s e-mail).

For performig statistical and orientation operations with lineaments I use
Rockworks commercial software from Rockware (you can use a .dxf file and
automatically compute bearing, azimuth, and length of lineaments, perform
length-azimuth correlograms...etc). You can also display faults as solid
disks or circles and automatically extract their intersections

But you can do similar things with free soft. You can use Rod Holcombe`s
software (Georient): http://www.holcombe.net.au/software/index.html

or you can visit this links:

http://www.science.smith.edu/departments/Geology/Structure_Resources/softwar
e.html

or

Nestor Cardozo`s web (Soft for Mac OS X ):
http://homepage.mac.com/nfcd/work/programs.html

Finally, a good GMT (http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/) or Matlab script will
also do the job.

Hope it will help,

Saludos,

Juan Álvarez García
Departamento de Geodinámica / Department of Geodynamics
Facultad de Ciencias Geológicas / Faculty of Geology
Universidad Complutense de Madrid
C/Jose Antonio Novais s/n
28040 Madrid (ESPAÑA-SPAIN)
Tlf: 00-34-91-3944834